Friday, November 28, 2014

GET YOUR FREE COPY OF IN THE BLOOD

HERE

When I wrote In The Blood, my intention was to tell a simple, standalone story about a family driven apart by a viral outbreak and the difficult decisions they were forced to make to survive while trying to retain their humanity. I had a blast writing it as I got the chance to tell some of it from a zombie’s perspective. To me the story wasn’t about whether the Robinsons reunited as a family. What was more important was exploring the decisions they made along the way, so that at the end of the story the reader could fill in the blanks and come up with what they thought happened next.
Lo and behold, readers enjoyed the story enough that they started asking me for a sequel. In my mind that was an interesting hypothetical—I’d never intended there to be one. But the demand was there, so I sat down and started thinking about where I could take the story and characters and the larger world next.
And I came up with a few ideas...
So enough with me burying the lead, what I'm really here to say is THERE WILL BE MORE SHORT STORIES SET IN THIS UNIVERSE.
Two of which will be out in December.
I have to thank the readers, because without your urging, these stories might never have existed.
Pretty cool, huh?
All of this has got me jazzed to write a bunch of connected short stories that, when all is said and done, will hopefully form a big sweeping story that spans years and dozens of characters.
At least, that's the plan anyway ;-)
But I can only do that if there’s interest, and the best way to let me know there’s an interest is to leave me a review HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment