Friday, September 22, 2017

HF Novel Update - 9/21/17

This is going to sound ridiculous, but I tried giving up caffeine and this affected my output. Normally I will get a couple thousand words after the kids go to bed, but last night I zonked out not long after they did so I lost some time to work.

I might get back on the caffeine. Probably wasn't the smartest idea to try to give it up while in the midst of a 21 day novel challenge on my first heroic fantasy. Ah well.

September 21st

Pre-Production: 0
Drafting: 3.5 hours
Daily Word Count: 5,121
Total Word Count: 20,138

What slowed me down? I wrote a surprise attack scene and an escape scene today, which you would think should go really fast. These two events are the end of the 1st act, serving as a major turning point. Loads of action here, lots of characters, opportunities for great dialog, this should have been easy writing. But it wasn't.

Here's why I think I struggled. I had a general idea about I wanted to happen in the story: Hero joins the battle, Hero kills a few bad guys, Hero finds and rescues the children, Hero flees to safety. It's a pretty basic formula with each beat leading to the next naturally. But then the million little questions started popping up.

How much time should Hero be in the midst of battle?
Should he kill anybody?
How do I get Hero and Wizard to meet, without either one ending up dead?
What is everybody else doing?
Can I introduce 2 or 3 new characters during a battle?
Etc.

Again, I'm not sure I could have anticipated every single question that would arise but probably a little more planning on my part would have reduced them.

5 comments:

  1. An area of the composition is waiting for your time. You can really make your voice more strong with the true effort of this site of the special area. Just use the site to learn this here now with this area and find the area of the L. Brayton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The HF novel update is waiting for the true formats with this article. Get the best financial support with this pattern and get the free book. Get the useful link from this page and enjoy the true output from this place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen my friends to write personal statement for Podiatry school. I will definitely let him know about this service and may be it will be great help for him and get his desire objectives. http://www.personalstatementservices.org/ here is the also great source for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Astounding post, In this site you are discussing the basic profession. You can http://executive.biowritingservices.com/ site which will assist you with your vocation. I am extremely inspired by this post and getting a decent information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a decent information for the nursing understudies who are looking new thoughts and systems. I all things considered because of God to make me so immaculate and delightful. In other sense, so click this link now gives the estimation of the eye.

    ReplyDelete