Thursday, February 12, 2015

Better Watch Saul

It isn't often shows open with a flash-forward but it was a great way to begin the Breaking Bad spin-off/prequel series, Better Call Saul.

Bob Odenkirk nails the character, the classic sleaze ball lawyer who will do and say anything when representing his client and who, at the end of the day, isn't there in the name of justice. He's really just out there to make a boatload of money.

I know, I know. Saul is shady as hell. Still, I can't help but admire his bravado both in and out of the courtroom even as I'm shaking my head in wonderment because I couldn't believe he just actually said that to a jury.

And of course, this wouldn't be the Breaking Bad universe without the requisite twists and best-laid plans never quite working out the way intended...and the spin-off pilot stuck with that formula that was played to perfection in the original series.

I will be watching.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a test comment. See:

    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/blogger/Z51-xY8cbaQ

    ReplyDelete