Sunday, October 15, 2017

HF Novel Update 10/14/17 (Day 28)

Editing Time: Zilch.

Didn't get to the book yesterday and that was probably a good thing. When I woke up this morning, I thought of a couple tiny things I wanted to tweak, but those can wait till after the proofing is done. These are really minor, minor changes, ones that don't significantly impact the story. As in, ADD THIS ONE THOUGHT HERE and OVER THERE.

But honestly, I could publish the story without making those changes. Between now and when I release, I'll continue to get ideas about how to "improve" the book but I know from past experience that this will happen no matter what. It doesn't mean these things must be done to make the story "perfect." Hell, I still think about how I should have done XXX in the 2nd book in my paranormal thriller series, and that story has been out for 3 years now and it's doing just fine.

Any more changes I want to make at this point to The Bastard's Refuge are probably just my subconscious's way of stalling.

So with that said, the book is effectively done.

I failed in my challenge. It took me 28 days instead of 21 to write a publishable book. Oh darn ;-)

It's funny when I look back at the first post I wrote about this challenge. It's either prophetic, or just a self-fulfilling prophecy. And I quote:

"So what if I fail?

If it takes me 28 days as opposed to 21, I'VE STILL WRITTEN AND EDITED A FULL LENGTH NOVEL IN A MONTH."

Maybe my brain knew all along I'd need a little bit longer with the book than I thought. When I set out, I was picturing a 90K story. The book grew into 110K.

6 comments:

  1. You can now get the updation of the novel in this great or the best zone. Just make the best effort with the new style and enjoy the link of https://www.paraphraseservices.com/paraphrasing-quotes-in-a-right-way/ in the real fun time. Enjoy the real morning in this area for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is the new novel of the update which can give you the nice action. You can also find the free book in this place of the fun. Just find this more helpful and enjoy the glory of the stars with new image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can also see the updation of the novel in this place and can find something new and the special. Just get the special website link and can find the best novel in this area. You can also find the free book from this zone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly, in numerous nations school the board is utilizing cameras in each class and watching out for https://www.onlineparaphrase.net/fast-online-paraphraser exercises of understudies. Important can see the mood of any class through the cameras associated with primary's office.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your book series are always full of thriller and suspension. Students just love your collection and here https://www.paraphraseservice.com/our-paraphrase-services/ i can see best work of yours.

    ReplyDelete