Monday, October 9, 2017

HF Novel Update 10/9/17 - (Day 23)

Editing Time: 6.5 hours

Total Word Count: 113,470

This book is coming along. I’m in that weird creative space right now where I fluctuate between thinking it’s awesome and terrible. The truth lies somewhere in between (and hopefully more toward the awesome side).

I spent a lot of time editing today. Every time I cut out some of the fat, though, I find a stretch that needs a little more. Clarity around a character’s motivation. Description so the reader isn’t just picturing a couple talking heads in space. Oh yeah, THIS happens later so I need to foreshadow that a little better HERE. Oh wait, this character hasn’t shown up in 75 pages so I need to remind the reader they exist so they care about him/her.

So, it’s going. Like I said, every time I cut words I find something else to add. That's why the Total Word Count is hovering right around 113K. I had expected the book to be shorter, but it’s looking more and more like it will be around this length. 

I would LOVE to find ways to get it down to 100K – 105K because there is a part of me that thinks fantasy readers would appreciate a “shorter” read than usual. No 750 page door-stopper that’s the first in a series of undefined length. I might be way off in that belief, but there’s only one way to find out.

I’ve decided to publish this book under my real name. The cover art will be finalized in a day or so, though I still don’t have a good Series Title yet. Titles are hard.


That’s all for tonight. Go Sixers.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful post,Wal-Mart is the one of the greatest organization in America and working superbly and here is esy to browse https://www.rewording.org/use-a-sentence-reworder-for-your-tasks/ for unique task. I am upbeat that this organization creates the new employments and it is useful for the youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apocalypse ideas are something that make me smile all the time. I believe these are just myths and we are worng to believe on such things read the full info here. we must not waste our today on such things that are not sure to be happening otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Updation of the novel is present here which can give you the suitable link of the free book. Go with the right track of https://www.paraphrasingtool.biz/simple-tips-how-paraphrase-essay/ and get the new link of the awesome details. You can also get the best session of the free book here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As indicated by me, the deficiency of value instructors can destroy the eventual fate of the world in explore more next dozen years. All the enormous chairmen should consider this serious issue and settle this in very brief period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Novel book writing is not so easy for writers and a great novel can you to achieve writing success. Here author provided excellent information about the novel book publishing. This book should read every book reader. Also check our professional writing services at https://www.professionalwritingservices.biz/who-can-rephrase-my-dissertation-online. Thanks for sharing and keep writing.

    ReplyDelete